Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yotes Training Camp 9/18/09

On Friday, September 18th, I went to the 7th day of Yotes Training Camp. I heard that Matt Jones has not been at camp because he is injured. I got five pucks, including one that Scottie Upshall flipped over the glass to me. Jovo flipped a puck, it went over the glass behind the net, and I got it. I had a bunch of fun.

The players worked hard. Ulf had them doing shooting drills, gassers, suicides, stick handling drills, passing drills, 2-on 1, 3-on-1, and 4-on-3 keep away drills. I bet the players were reallly tired afterwards.

After practice, Jason LaBarbera and a few other players were goofing off. The guys would take one hard shot from about 10 feet out, then skate in, and try to deke him out. LaBarbera would let them take the first shot, then he would scoop snow from the net area, and when they came for in the second shot, he would flick the snow at them. He did that to Petr Prucha, Justin Bernhardt, and Colin Long.

Daniel Winnik looked good in the 2-on-1 and shooting drills. Jason LaBarbera was good in the 4-on-3 and 3-on-1 drills. He has really good lateral movement. Petr Prucha looked the best in the skating and passing drills. Jeff May looked great in the skating and stick handling drills.

See ya,
Hockey Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment